Job Number: 1050306
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our financial client to fill their Technology Project Manager role! This is a 6 month contract with likely extensions in Buffalo, New York. This role will be a W2 employee of Lighthouse Technology Services and will work on a hybrid arrangement/in office 3 days per week.
This role will support three technical teams with keeping some exciting upgrades and deliverables moving!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage high priority projects affecting three or more businesses or functional areas or most complex projects affecting multiple businesses or functional areas.
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Lead and direct high priority projects impacting three or more businesses or functions, or most complex projects affecting multiple businesses or functional areas, often requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration from initiation to close. Ensure familiarity with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members. Projects may be of a technical and/or non-technical nature.
- Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule. Work with stakeholders to record detailed project requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g. planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project organization chart, cost/budget and communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
- Communicate project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and align stakeholders and project team members.
- Ensure execution of tasks defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals. Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast. Monitor and control project work including change controls.
- Measure project performance utilizing appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and quantify variances, complete any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events.
- Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency and boost morale.
- Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and responsibility of each team member, to effectively coordinate team activities.
- May exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Manage a team of professionals (includes people, budget and planning).
What You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 6 years proven project management experience, OR in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years proven project management experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com