New York City,
Job Number: 984236
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our financial client to fill their Development Engineer position! This is a 12 month remote contract role, and is open to Corp to Corp arrangements.
FI eTrading Technology solves some of the most interesting and complex challenges in the financial industry to help our global business and its customers succeed. Shipping code early and often using Agile and DevOps principles is critical for us to deliver business value, with continuous improvement and learning at the center of everything we do. We are motivated by challenging each other to push the boundaries of financial and technological innovation, in an open, inclusive, and diverse environment. We are looking for the brightest and best developers to take our capability forward.
About the Team:
The FI Algorithmic Trading Technology team runs the execution stack for FI Trading Desks using proprietary and vendor trading systems. The team develops and maintains its own Algorithmic Trading Container, View Server and HTML5 based UI and Internalization Engine. It also has a dedicated infrastructure team for managing its off-campus hardware estate. The team spans the 3 main trading hubs (New York, London, HongKong), with team members in five locations (Hong Kong, New York, London, Paris and Pune).
Purpose of the Job:
Working as part of the front office team, the candidate should be a Java expert and have a detailed working knowledge of the Java and the JVM (Java Virtual Machine), garbage collection, data structures. The current projects are written in Java or Scala, so the candidates must be willing to learn Scala.
- Building low latency processes, algorithms. Dev ops and production support
- Handle all phases of development (requirements gathering/analysis through to implementation), establishing solid relationships and trust built on proven delivery
- Work on production support issues (via a rota) and be involved in improvements on automation and dev ops
- Must be an expert in Java and Scala
- Must have a very good knowledge of collections, their implementation and their optimization
- Excellent communicator, able to range up and down the detail depending on your audience
- Zero GC architectures
- Low latency systems
- FI trading
- Experience with Algorithmic Trading Stack
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com