Job Number: 1070185
Pay Rate: negotiable
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our Buffalo, NY-based client to hire a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architect! This is a 4 month contract role with likely extensions, and is 100% remote. This role is open to Corp to Corp and W2 arrangements.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Expanding the company's VDI system to new portions of the company with higher level design work on best practices, identifying user groups, onboarding techniques, documentation, building infrastructure, etc.
- Develop desktop virtualization and application delivery architectural roadmaps and standards
- Provide overall direction, guidance, definition, and facilitation for the development of current and future desktop and application virtualization infrastructure and systems architecture required to meet needs, goals, and strategic direction
- Demonstrate a wide degree of creativity, initiative and transparency with strong communication, collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Evaluate vendor products, and make recommendations on selections that fit with the strategic direction of our client and its goals and mission.
- What You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred
- 8 years of direct, hands-on experience implementing and supporting virtual desktop and application delivery infrastructure in an enterprise production environment (VDI Architect, VDI Engineer, Cloud Services or Client Technology Administrator).
- Experience in Planning, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Horizon View and Vmware environments.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train and mentor others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at performance analysis and root cause analysis for system wide issues.
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com