*Remote Contract-to-Hire Opportunity*
Lighthouse Technology Services is partnering with our client to fill their Senior Systems Administrator position! This is a 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity and can be remote in the United States. This role will be a W2 employee of Lighthouse Technology Services during the contract period.
The Senior Systems Administrator will ensure the security of our organization's cloud-based and on-premise infrastructure and data by implementing and maintaining security controls, monitoring security events, and responding to incidents. A successful person in this position will adopt a SecOps mindset and thrive in a culture that promotes trust, partnership, and openness. You will serve as a key part of a fast-paced, high-performing team that provides exemplary 24/7 customer service.
This position requires strong technical skills in Azure AD and related cloud services, as well as experience in security operations, incident response, and security risk management. You should also have strong communication and collaboration skills and be able to work effectively in a team environment. A relevant degree in computer science, cybersecurity or related field would be an added advantage.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, implement, and maintain security controls for Azure AD and related cloud services
- Monitor Azure AD and related cloud services for security events and incidents and responding to them as needed
- Conduct security assessments and audits of Azure AD and related cloud services, identifying vulnerabilities, and recommending remediation actions
- Maintain and support server and application compliance with strict security requirements
- Collaborate with other security and IT teams to implement security policies and procedures that align with Technology standards, industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Participate in incident response and investigation activities, including root cause analysis, documentation, and reporting
- Develop and maintain security-related documentation, including policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines
- Stay up to date with emerging security threats and trends and apply this knowledge to improve security posture
- Work closely with the incident management team to ensure 24x7 business critical systems are up and running
- Actively look to identify opportunities to enhance application reliability, performance, scalability and security
- Participate with management and technical teams to establish appropriate project timelines to deliver sustainable solutions within approved time and budget parameters
What You'll Need to Have:
- Linux/Windows-based Server software and hardware engineering
- AWS services including Cloud Formation, EC2, VPC
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory (ADFS, ADCS, DC Promo, GPO, RDS)
- Security protocols (SSH, Winbind, etc.)
- Windows Server 2012R2 and greater
- Microsoft Exchange 2016+, O365 and DFS
- SAN, SAN switching, hyperconverged, Cloud storage
- Advanced Scripting/programming (PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Python, Lambda, YAML)
- Advanced networking/distributed computing environment concepts (Routing protocols, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Monitoring tools like MS Operations Manager, Splunk and Zabbix
- Troubleshooting including root cause analysis
- Server virtualization technologies (VMware/vCenter, Hyper-V)
- VDI (AWS WorkSpaces)
- O365 Management
- Web technologies (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- Hardware (Dell Compellent/PowerEdge, IBM Power Series, Nutanix, Pure)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or similarly qualified background
- Positive attitude and solutions-oriented thinking
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
It's A Plus If You Have:
- ITIL Certification preferred, strong understanding of ITIL tools, processes and terminology a plus.
- Experience identifying vulnerabilities in infrastructure and software.
- Experience supporting a multi-OS environment (iOS, Android, Windows 10, etc.).
- Knowledge of Cyber Security standards and frameworks such as NIST.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) / Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- VMware (VCP) certification
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other security certifications)
- Linux Foundation Certified IT Associate (LFCA) / Admin (LFCS)
Pay Range: $55-$65/hr +
Questions about any of our jobs? Email us at [email protected]
View all of our open jobs here: jobs.lhtservices.com